+30 2311180790or at email@example.com
Show on map
- Agios Dimitrios
On the hill overlooking the village Xifiani the old church of St. Demetrius, built in 1857 AD with special permission from Turkish authorities. The impressive bell tower and interior decor will impress any visitor.
- Saint Hilarion
Arriving in the village of fighters and taking the road to the mountain come to the convent of St. Hilarion. The bishop served Ag.Ilarionas Moglenoi (18th century), as it was long the province Almopia. The monastery had 40 monks cells. Even operated a secret school.
- St George
In a unique natural environment in the Upper Loutraki is the Church of St. George. Around the church was formerly the village of Ano Loutraki later moved to the current Loutraki. Each year, the day of Saint George, organized traditional cultural events.
- Church of Apostles Peter and Paul
The church of St Peter and Paul survived until today from the Byzantine period in the district WEIGHT. The construction of the church, the frescoes (1370-1385) and the three capitals of the temple is the most important elements that can be seen by the visitor, the most important one of the southeast pillar with four heraldic birds in corners.
- Dormition of the Virgin Garefeiou
A significant religious monument is also the church of the Assumption. Located next to the Girls in the neighborhood WEIGHT. Its construction dates back to the 14th century. Originally the temple was dedicated to Jesus Christ and was called Saint Sophia. During the 17th century but the church became the church of the Assumption to survive and not be converted into a mosque, according to the order of Sultan Suleiman. (Whatever church called Hagia Sophia was converted into a mosque). The frescoes of the temple are of particular interest to the older dating to around 1380 and later in the 17th century. Kept in the sanctuary, on the surfaces of the columns in esorrachia the arches and pillars. The church is three-aisled basilica with a raised middle aisle and three-sided apse sanctuary.
- The monastery of Agia Triada
The monastery of Agia Triada dates to 1865 and is located in the plain of Edessa in Longos. Built on the ruins of an older church. The construction of the monastery was at the expense of city residents, and then took donations from large real estate fortune. During World War II, lost property and thereafter (1942) functions as a convent until today. The monastery is the temple, the monks' cells, the nursing home and associated buildings. The temple is a three triconch basilica. The upper-middle-aisle has three polygonal domes, the number of which symbolizes the Holy Trinity.